Thursday, September 04, 2014

Princess Diaries- Prequel Part5

“Excuse me sir”, i couldn't hear my own voice, but taklu’s ears were as sharp as a snake’s.
He raised his head and saw me grim faced n said very sweetly “ so our college princess has finally arrived.”
As soon as he said that i blushed, donno why, maybe because he called me a princess but i couldn't hold my smile.
“Oh, so princess kajal is happy that i am acknowledging her. let me call someone to greet you.” saying this he yelled at a PG student to get into the room.

Realising the stupidity exhibited by me, i stood in a corner while Harsha, a second year pg came running in like a rabbit.

While taklu was yelling at Harsha,i sneaked into the department, slipped into interns room,wore my apron and pretended that i was there all the time. Richa was sitting in a corner speaking to our batchmates while few other interns were seriously engrossed doing scaling, few so involved that they dint even realise their heads were half way in the patients mouths.

I was making my way to Richa when someone asked me, "Why are u late Kajal, i was waiting for u since a long time?"
I turned back to find Raj,6 ft,broad shoulders,well toned physique,brown complexion and jet black hair and eyes to die for as described by Richa,my batchmate and fortunately or unfortunately my colleague in internship. One more point to mention here is that he is the one person i hate the most in this college as he is the most annoying person and he always competes with me for the class top.
And now my major competitor for the best intern award.

"Oh, is that so Raj,im sorry i dint know u were waiting for me else i would have been here before anyone else" I mocked.

Raj put a pitiful face and Richa heard me. With a scorn on her face she came to me and started nagging me.
"How many times am i supposed to call u Kaju, i waited for almost an hour at the bus stop n finally had to come all alone to the college. N by the way why are u being so rude to Raj, he was jus being concerned." Richa went on saying and i kept staring at her, big deep blue eyes, light soft complexion,brown hair and sharp features.She could easily pass on as a caucasian. Richa was the first person i met during my ragging in the first year and since then we bonded so well, and over the years we became the thickest of friends. She is so beautiful and quite obviously the favorite of most of the seniors and miss popular of our college.

We agreed to almost everything n had very similar tastes except for one major thing- i loathed Raj n she was crazy about him. Well there has to be something between 2friends to disagree right, if not how would our friendship be this interesting.

"Hello princess, are u in this world or have once again escaped into ur fairy land. Did u even listen to what i was saying?" Asked Richa.
"Oh dear, u should hear this..i met my prince charming today, and the story went on about my dreams and we were so imbibed in our chat that we dint hear our taklu come out of his room.

All of a sudden there was pindrop silence ,while i kept on with my story,and by the time i realised all eyes were pinned on me including the 4 eyes of taklu. Richa sprung to her feet but i was transfixed to my chair not knowing what to do.

To be Continued....

No comments: