Thursday, September 04, 2014

It's a Girls World- Part 3

I watched a lot of television, mostly news when my dad was around, coz then my mommy would be busy in the kitchen preparing all types of savoury to feed my dads ever growing tummy. I was seeing an episode in which  in many places the girl child was aborted. Knowing this the government put in a rule as to not let people determine the sex of the child till labour. But this rule was not successful as the girl child was either killed or sold off as soon as she was born. I got scared when my dad was keenly watching the whole episode with immense interest. I worried for the whole month if that would be my fate too. But later on with the ever increasing information, this particular news was suppressed in some part of my brain.
I got to know a lot about what the world was like. The people were crazy. They divided themselves, firstly based on locations into continents and then countries. As if that wasn't sufficient into numerous small states and their capitals. There were racial differences, cultural differences, language barriers and even in a race into several communities. And each person fought with the other, each community fought with the other, each race fought with the other, state to state, country to country. It was crazy, it was as though people needed something to keep them entertained their whole life. They used to fight to get what they wanted and finally when they got it, they would screw up again to end it and blow it up.
It was chaotic outside and as if this wasn't sufficient, there were these uncontrollable things like tsunamis, volcanoes, earthquakes, landslides, cyclones, floods, twisters and whole lot of crap to get into my tiny head.
So apart from all this craziness, if I was still thinking about what difference it would make if I was a boy, would that be rude?
I grew big with these thoughts waging a war inside my head, fighting to get an appropriate answer.
Along with me my sis too grew big, much bigger than me. How much ever I tried to be bigger than her, she always beat me up. I loved her in the beginning when she fondled me and used to crave sitting by my side. But now I hate her bossing me around.
I finally was put into a school which was supposedly a place where all the kids were thrown into to get an insight of the real world. Really? I was treated with chocolates, candies and lots of gifts to be first in my class. Yes classes, divided according to age group and again sub divided according to IQ, based on how well you were intelligent enough to understand the already screwed up world.
I grew up understanding more and more from the scholarly teachers of my school who all would teach us-"50 new, different and latest ways to screw up the world".

                                                        To be Continued....

No comments: