Thursday, September 04, 2014

Princess Diaries- Part11

Hyperventilating i ran to my room and shut the door so hard that i could almost feel the house shudder.

Omg! This is the reality. That was not a movie that i was so interested in. It was my own life and i am witnessing it being butchered by some stranger.
Hell with it. I am not staying a moment here.

In an instant i assembled my bags and sat on the couch to decide where to go. Maybe because of the bang on my door, Raghu came to my room and knocked softly. “Its open” i yelled.
‘Arrange someplace for me to stay’. ‘I cant stay here with you while you are busy f***** your mistress’ i blurted out as soon as i saw the expression on his face.

‘You can stay in our farm house if you wish to, i will take you the first thing in the morning.’ said Raghu as calmly as possible.
‘Screw you, get lost’ i barked at him.

I couldn't sleep the whole night and before i knew the night passed, Raghu came near my room and said right from outside ‘If you are ready we’ll leave in another 10mins.’

I thought why waste 10mins and was about to go out when i realised am i obeying his orders. Why should i go when he wants me to? I will take my own time.

After one hour with me doing nothing but waiting for Raghu to return irritatedly, i heard his footsteps and composed myself.

‘Kajal can i come inside?’
‘After an hour’ i said with contentment.

I had nothing to do and i badly wanted to get out of this house but i dint want to do it as and how he ordered and expected.
An hour and half passed and then Raghu knocked again.
This time his voice seemed concerned, ‘Kajal are you fine,please let me come inside.’

I dint say anything and Raghu peeked inside the door to find me sitting on the couch, eyes swollen and under eyes puffed. Raghu observed me head to toe and i knew what exactly he was thinking. I've been sleep deprived and starved for over 2 days but it looked as though its been over a month.

He couldn't say a word.

‘I am ready to go now’ i mustered under my breath. I really dint have enough strength to yell at him.
I remember the last time i had something was a few cookies and having a sip of coffee in the Mumbai airport.It had been 2days and i dint have anything except water.

Raghu took my bags and i followed him to the car.
Katie was nowhere in sight.

After an hour of drive we entered a somewhat less inhabited area. I had no idea of where we were going. I could see the street signs every now and then. I remember passing Kings county hospital centre, then a psychiatric centre, some Johns school,  few burger king joints, and a lot of shopping centres. Few places were very much crowded and few places were deserted.

After one more hour he finally halted near a coffee joint. The brewing coffee’s aroma was so tempting that i wanted to jump out and gulp some of it.

‘You dint have anything since we landed. Please allow me to get you something’ saying this Raghu went inside the coffee joint.
I dint have the intention or the strength to stop him.

To be Continued....

No comments: