Thursday, September 04, 2014

Princess Diaries- Prequel Part 1

There is something about being in the beach all by yourself on a lovely full moon night. The tides lapping your feet, winds blowing by your hair and the birds singing in your ears.Everything seems mystical when the great orb of the night pushes itself through the clouds and shines at you occasionally playing peek a boo with you hiding behind the clouds and the palm trees.
       Many of the astrologers have said countless things about a full moon having an affect on the minds of people. I never believed in what they say but i know for sure that this magical night sure has a very soothing effect on me.
       I have been walking for quite sometime and knew that it was already late and i should be heading back home but somewhere in some corner of my mind i knew that i need to stay. There was this instinct, this voice in my head which was telling me that something major is gonna happen for which i need to stay and witness it.
I was mesmerised by the beauty of the ocean, its deep blue color glistening in the moonlight.  I was so dumbfounded by the nature that i forgot i was alone in the dark. Realising that it was not safe at this time to walk around the beach,i was about to turn back. Suddenly the silence of the night was broken by a  thudding sound coming from far away.
I got a bit scared and wished i would have come with my mom rather than coming all alone. I was scared to turn back but i couldn’t even stay there so making courage i decided to go back. As soon as i thought about returning the sound came back. This time it was clear, i was sure i wasn’t hallucinating.
    There was a distant rhythmic noise which was gaining pitch indicating it was nearing me. I froze in my place scared to move even an inch. Now i could clearly make out the noise as a gallop.
Turning around i could see a distant image of a man riding a horse heading towards me. Such a scene was quite out of place and time, it was as though i was watching a movie.
I could not stop myself from pinching hard to make sure this was not a hallucination.
No it could never be a hallucination coz i could see a beautiful white stallion inching towards me with deep hazel eyes. I never thought that anything can be so dominantly pure white except for the ads on detergents on the TV. I was so in love with the stallion that i dint observe the rider till he was just half a mile away from me.
My heart skipped a beat, i now understood what my instinct was trying to tell me, why destiny made me to stroll alone at such an hour. It was all clear to me now, this was the VERY major event happening in my life, i was about to meet my ‘PRINCE CHARMING’.
    I stood still not knowing what to do.
It was as though the world had come to an end.
I was in front of my prince charming who was waiting to take me away with him on that beautiful stallion.
Moments froze as we both looked into each others eyes.
I put my hand to his face to pull out the mask he was wearing and ended up stroking his cheek.
‘Get up’, he said.
‘What?’, I was confused.
‘Its late, get up’, he said it out of frustration.
‘What are you speaking?’, saying this i tried to pull out his mask when suddenly someone yanked me.
The movement shook me quite a bit and by the time i looked back i could see the blurred image of my PC leaving me.
‘No,wait’...I yelled out loud but in vain.
Tears filled in my eyes and i was about to run behind my PC when someone yanked me once again and this time forcefully.
I turned back to look at the person who had spoiled my most beautiful moment.I was about to yell at them when i realised it was my mom.
I could see the blurred image of my mom. Tears rolled down my cheek when i realised that my mom was the reason i missed a glance at my hero.
‘How could u do this to me mom?’
‘Why are u even here, i told u i would be back.’

To be Continued....

No comments: