Thursday, September 04, 2014

Princess Diaries- Part14

No one spoke for the next few mins and shortly the car screeched in front of a arched motif of a Victorian style farmhouse which was magnificent covering a living area of over 3000sq ft. It was one of a kind with three charming porches and the entry foyer was equally astonishing.
This was far better than his so called house but the neighbourhood was a bit haunting. There were only four more houses almost as magnificent as this one in the surroundings.

I was in awe looking at the surroundings when Raghu came took my hand and put the keys in my right palm.

‘I am getting late to the hospital. I left few cards and cash for your use.
I will make sure to get u a car in a weeks time and please take care of yourself. The phone which i left here has all the contact details u would ever need. I have even directed the calls from our parents to this phone so even if they ever wish to speak to us i will make it a conference call so that they would feel we are still together unless u wish to tell them the truth.’

‘U can always.......’ Raghu kept on giving me instructions which i paid no heed to till i finished having a view of the farmhouse.

The last words which i heard from him were about the security system of the house after which he waved to me and left me all alone in the huge mansion.

All the time i was wondering only one thing,how could a doctor earn so much just in 3 or 4 years?
I was totally in awe of the mansion. It was a beauty, i loved the interiors as much as the exterior. The master bedroom was a dream room. If everything was fine then maybe i would have preferred this location for our first night rather than going to some other place and name it honeymoon. this place was more than like a dream destination for me.

After a lot of cogitation i settled down in the master bedroom. The interior was totally in white and blue, from the wall clock to the bed, everything was so aesthetically arranged that i couldn't stop thinking who the decorator was.
I checked out the wardrobe which was far bigger than my room.
“My room..I miss it so much. Oh god i never thought il miss mom and dad to this extent that i would cry for them”
Tears welled up in my eyes and i was about to burst out.
After 2 hours of crying and later realising that i had no one to come and console me, no one to stop me from crying, no one to feel bad about my situation and sympathise with me, i stopped.

I knew things change after marriage, but i thought they change for good not for worse.
Its just been 48 hrs I've been in a foreign place away from my parents and now i realise how happy and secure i was with them. I never had any complaints nor any regrets.I was a queen in my home and even in my college.Whatever i wanted i got it in leaps and bounds.But i never acknowledged anyone in my life. I never thanked my parents for what i have nor i used to thank god.I took everything for granted cos i felt i deserved all that and maybe more.
I was always dreaming of my dream man and never ever bothered to give them the love they deserved.
I knew i had to put an end to this drama very soon, i was never a person who would budge to destiny if things don't work out for me.

1week passed, and all i did was sleep, eat and cry the whole while. I dint even step out of the house. I spoke to Rads and we both cried for a long time but decided it was time to stop. Raghu called twice to know how i was and i could never hear his voice, all i used to do was listen to the background voices of Katie, always yelling, laughing and enjoying life with my so called husband.
Days passed by with me doing nothing but cursing my destiny. very soon i realised that it was more than a month i landed in this country with a bastard who ruined my life.
I knew i couldn't spend my life like this. I promised myself that this was not going to work. I dint have any plan to get myself back to the normal chirpy myself or to teach him a lesson but i knew i had to do it for my sake.
Raghu also stopped calling me after he was sure i was comfortable.
But NO i was not comfortable and i would never allow him to be comfortable.

In a rage i called him at his work place.
‘I need to speak to u now!’
‘Kajal, i am on call now, can i please talk to u after a while’ said Raghu in a pensive mood.
‘OK but not on the phone, i want to meet u’ i answered stubbornly.
‘I’ll be there as soon as i am done with my rounds’ saying this he ended the call.

To be Continued.....

No comments: