Thursday, September 04, 2014

Princess Diaries- Part4

‘OMG, for Christ's sake we are getting married and u ask me that now when we are in the middle of exchanging garlands and rings?’ snapped back Raghu.

I smiled but yes it did bother me that we dint have much time to converse apart from the occasional hi and bye’s. We dint even go out for a date. And i used to wish i lose my virginity before marriage(of course to the guy I'm getting married to) coz i always felt the passion in sex was lost after marriage, it merely becomes a customary ritual for production of the future generation.

‘God why did u get me married so soon, now what will i tell my children about my love story with their pa?’
I almost said it out loud. Raghu turned to me and frowned and then smiled.I dint understand if he heard me or just smiled at me.

Nevertheless I'm marrying virgin and not at all happy about it.

I glanced around the hall to check out who all came. I could identify most of my relatives and quite obvious the remaining were from Rag's side. Most of my college mates came and i could even see Raj sitting in a corner not aware of the surroundings.

After an hour more or so, the ceremony “almost” ended with Raghu tying the ‘Taali’ to me. I preferred the North Indian Sindoor to the South Indian taali but i couldn’t go against my traditions. My mom always said  that i was spoiled watching too many bollywood movies. Few more rituals went on and the best part was ‘Talambralu’ in which we both had to shower each other with pearls and rice mixed with saffron and turmeric. And then there was the pujari showing us the ‘Arundati Nakshtram’. He was pointing somewhere in the sky and we had to nod even though everyone was sure we couldn’t see nothing. Nevertheless the photographers had a great snap and requested us to give few more poses.

I was drained, totally and completely. I had always waited all my life for my wedding but now i wished it to end right then. I was married to my Prince charming and I'm with him now, that is all mattered to me now. I was fed up smiling at the photographers, touching every-ones feet and of all the things i was starving.
Finally the rituals ended and we were allowed a meal. Everyone started departing and by the time we finished eating the hall was empty. The waiters were longing to head back home as much as i was.

Alas i had one more ritual waiting for me at my home.
I was not supposed to go to my home, my room. there was ‘Bidaai’ now in the midnight.
I felt like pushing everyone aside run to my room remove my sari and lay on my bed for as long as i wanted without anyone disturbing me ever.
After an hour or so, i was finally seated in my husbands car with my mom-in-law on one side and my husband on the other leaving behind my mom and all other relatives in tears.

To be Continued....

No comments: