Thursday, September 04, 2014

Princess Diaries- Part10

This was all mine, and if this Katie was not in our lives i would have jumped looking at the mansion and would have immediately called Richs to tell her each and every minute detail.

It was like you are in a chocolate room and you don't even get a bite of it.

‘Hey sweets, i have to run back to the hospital, i dint get an off today. I’ll meet you soon’ saying this Katie jumped into the car and sped away.
Hospital!!! i wondered, maybe even she was a doctor...
I dint observe till now that i was travelling in a brilliant red Audi till Katie took it away. She took it all from me and i was so helpless. I couldn't shout, yell or even cry.

By the time i was thinking about my life, Raghu put my luggage in a room which was just across the master bedroom and by the time i could check out the room he came to me and thrust the phone in my hands. ‘Its your mom’.

‘Hello’ tears welled in my eyes.

‘Hi kaju beta, how are you?How was your journey? is everything alright. How is your new house? Did u check out everything. I really hope you people dint have any problem in the flight. How is Raghu? As soon as i called him he handed the phone to you. I thought of speaking to him.
Please beta don't pester him. he is a darling and please take care of him. Don't annoy him the way you do us. I'm sure he will take real good care of you. You know what his parents are so adorable. Just after you people left, they came to our house to give us company so that we would not feel all alone without u. But beta I'm missing you already.....’
I couldn't hold on any longer. I cut the call and cried inconsolably. I would never tell them the truth. They can never accept the truth, they are so very happy. I cursed Raghu under my breath. He heard me and came into my room.

Raghu sat beside me and took my hand to sympathise. Instantaneously i slapped him hard on his face. he was baffled and before he could react the phone rang again. It was his parents.
He mustered few words to his mom and then again handed the phone to me.

No i don't need this, i thought. I had enough emotional drama from my mom and now i really couldn't handle this. Reluctantly i took the phone.
I spoke for a few moments and then hung up. He was yearning to know what i spoke, but i motioned him out of the room and slammed the door on his face.

The remaining of the day i cried and cried not knowing what else to do. I called up Richs twice but never did i have the courage to tell her what all happened. But she did understand that something was fishy so she kept pushing me until i yielded and told her the whole story.
She cried with me but finally succeeded to console me.
I felt a lot better speaking to her and i made her promise that she would never tell this to anyone.
Finally i had to hang up and i slept eventually.

I dint know what time it was. I was locked up in the room. What day is this, i wondered. was it 19th or 20th. Is it day or night. I really could not make it.

Suddenly i heard noises from the hallway. I slowly opened the door but could see no one in the living room. The noises were coming from the bedroom. It was Katie who was yelling.
I passed the magnificent 3 set mahogany sofa set with plush white cushions and  went near the room so as to hear what all they were speaking. I was very curious.
‘How could you marry her?You went there to tell them that u loved me and will marry me soon.’ Katie was yelling at Raghu.

I was doubtful, she said he was going to marry her. Then why did Raghu say that he was married since 6months.
I don't know why i was relieved hearing that but at least i was satisfied i was not the second fiddle.

She dint stop yelling and i pinned my ears to hear it all. I thought only we the Indians were so good at yelling and sobbing but this lady outdid all of us.
The yelling and pestering continued for almost 2hrs and i dint miss a minute of it. I don't know why but i felt a lot more relieved to hear the emotional drama going on in the room.

I even imagined their break up and raghu eventually coming back to me.
Hold on!!!! Even if raghu might come back to me, would i be able to accept him?? I wondered.

Slowly and steadily the sobs reduced their pitch and finally i could make out Raghu speaking. He was constantly consoling her. And then after a while i could hear nothing.
I went closer to the closed door and literally pushed my ear over the door to hear anything at all. I could make out few whispers and then silence..

I waited there for almost 10mins and when i couldn't hear a word i was slowly retreating to my own room(not so my own) when i heard something.
I went closer and i could hear Katie.
Was it a moan?
No, obviously i am mistaken.
I wondered if it was my hallucination so i listened attentively.
This time there was no mistake. I could actually hear her pleasure moans and groans and the intensity increased so much so that even if i closed my ears i could hear them.

To be Continued.....

No comments: