Thursday, September 04, 2014

Princess Diaries- Part12

It was 10mins and Raghu was still nowhere in sight. I turned to my right and i could no longer see the highway and the cars.
Suddenly i found myself in the midst of a desert. ‘How could this be happening to me’ i was right outside the cafe grumpy when Raghu left me in the car. I searched for a soul and kept yelling.
This is not real for sure, but i could actually feel my feet and skin burning under the scorching sun.

‘God please help me,I'm already in deep shit and i don't need this now’ I yelled out loud looking up into the skies hoping for some miracle to happen.

The sun rays blinded me and i could no longer see anything. Suddenly i felt something under me. The sand was moving and as though i was caught in a turmoil, i could see my legs disappearing soon into the sand.
I was sinking faster but i could not understand. I never thought there could be a deathtrap, a quicksand even in the deserts.Is this is what people call a dry quicksand and before i could comprehend all of this i was waist deep into the sand.
My throat was dry and i could no longer yell out.

‘ Somebody help me’ i yelled but in vain, the voice trailed off, it dint even reach my own ears.

I struggled a lot to get out of it, to get a hold of something which could get me out but in vain. The harder i struggled the faster i was sinking in.
A few moments later i could no longer wave my hands. The only part of me outside the burning sand was my head and neck and at that point i gave up. As a final attempt for my rescue i turned my head in right angles towards my left and right and as far my sight could go i could barely see a life. I was thirsty, hungry, my skin was burning maybe even peeling in the sand but all that no longer mattered. I knew i had no one to turn to, no one was there to help me. I was a loner and will die a loner.

I closed my eyes slowly and was ready for the end. I could feel the sand entering my nostrils and i was choking.
I was completely out of breath.
My body was rigid (maybe i was dead and rigor mortis was the reason for this rigidity)and i had no sensation in the torso or the lower body but then i suddenly felt a tingling sensation in my left palm.
Out of reflex i opened my eyes and i could see Raghu, the last person whom i wished to be my my side at such a time. But i was wrong, he dint come there for my rescue, he knelt beside me and was mustering something holding my hand which was deep inside the sand.

Was he also trapped in the quicksand? i wondered and wished it was true.
He deserved this treatment not me.
But having no strength even to think i closed my eyes again but this time to find myself being yanked by Raghu.

Gaining a lot of strength i blurted out with mouthful of sand ‘Wont u even let me die peacefully?’

To be Continued.....

No comments: