Thursday, September 04, 2014

Princess Diaries- Prequel Part4

“Arey, madam, u got only my bus to commit suicide??” yelled the bus driver.
For a minute i was lost. In a trance i made way for the bus and turned back to check on my PC only to find a dozen other people with a confused and irritated look on their faces.
“God”, i cursed myself for daydreaming in broad daylight midst of such traffic.
Embarrassed to look at anyone i made my way into the bus stop from where i was standing right in the middle of road only to find the bus driver still looking at me and yelling out loudly.

“What a day kaju, great, don't even have a sense of where u are and having rosy trips to dreamland.” “ Hats off to u baby”
Everyone around stared at me and then i realised i was actually talking to myself out loud.

Silently i got into another bus and sat down in a corner wishing no one would observe me.
After having not one but two rosy trips to my dreamland, i knew that was the end to my good times for the day. As soon as i entered the campus i saw the mustang standing royally amongst other local cars and i knew i was busted for the day.
How could i ever hope that my prof wouldn't come that day...all my hopes were washed down at the sight of the fourth generation yellow mustang convertible which was glowing like fire under the sun.

I rushed into the college and rushed to the stairs. I knew i had to go to the fourth floor and considering the time and my position i knew elevator was an easy option, but neither could i leave my daily habit, nor my stubbornness at such an hour too.

On the way up, our department peon looked at me as if i was a ghost n blurted, “taklu is in an awesome mood n ur 1 hr late...god bless u child ur still walking the stairs???”
“what to do kaaku, fitness ke liye” panting i replied.

Though i always use this excuse of fitness for not using the elevator, i have my own list for not taking it...
1. I am claustrophobic...which no one knows.
2. I can meet many people on stairs rather than in a cramped elevator, so the chances of meeting my PC is increased.
3. N u never know when im gonna meet him so till then i need to maintain my figure...
So there was no chance i would take the easy option even in this difficult situation.
Finally i reached my destination and stared at the signboard in the entrance of the department.. “Department of periodontics” was written in a yellow and red weird font, and the weirdest was the HOD’s room.
Mr. Parthasarathy, our HOD was a terror to all the students and even to the interns. Praying to god i knocked on the door.
“Come in”, came the harsh voice of taklu, our HOD as we fondly call him.
Like a rat i peeked in, only to see the bald head glistening in light immersed in a book.

To be Continued.....

No comments: