Thursday, September 04, 2014

Princess Diaries- Part2

I sat back in my room,quite obviously in front of my mirror. I could hear them clearly as my mom left open the door of my room. They were exchanging pleasantries. Once they were all settled down my mom yelled from there itself,

‘kajal beta if ur ready come out.’

‘Aarghh!! i hate my mom’ she was implying as though i take ages to get dressed up.
I couldn’t put a straight face and smile as i was supposed to only coz of my mom. I was never good at controlling my temper and it easily showed on my face how much ever i tried to control it.
But today was not a day to get upset and spoil my mood and plunge at my mom any moment for saying that. Today was my day, i was finally meeting my prince charming. Though this was not even at the bottom of the list of ways i would be meeting my PC but that is what made it more exciting as i never thought i could even meet him like this.

‘Namaste’ I said folding my hands and turning to my so called would be,his mother and his father, in the reverse order of course. His mom ventured me to sit down beside her facing his son.
I wondered if they planned this seating or it was just random.
Whatever.
They kept asking me all weird and unique questions,maybe just to keep the conversation alive or they actually wanted to know all that. They asked me if i could sing, dance, paint, drive, cook, work and all bullshit. I just kept responding to their questions in monosyllables as a taciturn person would do but also gave a pretty smile at the end of each answer.

‘U nervous’, this was the first thing Raghu, my PC asked me apart from saying namaste.

I looked at him now directly without any side glances and replied truthfully, ‘ yes, a little bit’.

‘Wow’ i thought, he was far better than my imagination.

5’11, a rather good height, well built,well dressed and of all the things a lovely smile. He dint have a moustache and glasses for my relief. Moustache was a strict no for me coz i used to dread the idea of kissing a man with moustache. Thank God he satisfied my basic requirements.
Touch wood.
The talk continued, mom gave them the snacks and conversation shifted to our families, our property, cousins, politics and what not.
I was fed up.
Everyone seemed happy but no one bothered to give some time for us to speak.
Finally my dad made the courage and asked the guy if he wanted to speak to me. Initially he hesitated but later on budged to the request.
My mom already anticipated this and arranged a nice sitting area on our terrace.
I actually preferred our garden but u can never say no to mom’s decision in these matters or they will be pissed off.
So there i was being a part of Mrs.Mommas formal dating bureau.

‘So u r a dentist?’ he asked when we were comfortably seated facing each other in cane chairs neatly arranged and a nice flower vase with fresh white and yellow roses on the table partitioning us.
I wondered if he asked me or was telling it to himself. It was quite obvious that he knew that.

“Ah, yes”

‘So are you working somewhere?’

‘Um, no, Ive just completed my graduation, frankly dint yet get my degree, convocation is on 14th this month’.

Frankly the conversation was boring, but the man dint seem boring at all. There was a charm about him, a kind of aura.
Oops am i exaggerating?
We spoke for maybe 10Min's and there came my mom carrying a tray with cool drinks and few snacks in it.
She put it down on the table separating us and passed a hand over the guy’s head and said ‘eat beta’.
Raghu smiled at my mom and nodded his head.
We both dint touch anything, another 5Min's of boring talk and we were back in between our elders.
Is that all??I wondered, how am i supposed to judge what kind of person he is without even knowing him?
But i knew for myself coz i could see him riding a white horse in a sehra picking me up in a beautiful red bridal lehnga and taking me away to a far far away land.
Before i knew what was happening everyone were discussing our marriage.
Hello, i thought no one will ask my decision or what.

As though my pa read my thoughts, he asked me,oops told me, ‘Its a yes from their side beta, what do u say?’

Every one's eyes fixed on me.Wow i loved this moment, now the ball is in my court i thought. This was going to be my decision, not the boy’s sides and i loved the feeling.
Now i could hear every one's heartbeat and i was the one who was ruling the moment. 

To be Continued.....

No comments: